Skip to main content

Sterling Planners are market leaders in UK pension transfers (QROPS/ROPS)

If you are a UK migrant or returning expat, residing in Australia, Sterling Planners are specialists in transferring your eligible UK pensions into Australia as a lump sum in a tax optimised solution (if aged 55yrs and over) or transferring your UK defined benefit/final salary scheme into a UK SIPP (if aged under 55 yrs).  Our experienced advisers have transferred more than £725 million over the past 20 years. In that time, we’ve dealt with some of the largest and most complex UK pension transfers, so we understand the nuances of the process and the constantly changing QROPS and tax regulations.

We offer an integrated global solution incorporating our expertise in Australian Superannuation and QROPS, and mandatory UK advice (if required by HMRC) from accredited and FCA licensed UK advisers.

UK pension transfers to Australia can be complicated and time consuming. Getting the process wrong can be costly and an administrative hassle.

It’s essential you have the right advisers helping you through this process. Transferring your funds to a non-compliant overseas fund structure could result in a penalty tax by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) of up to 55% of the value of the transfer. Transferring into an offshore fund (in Malta, Gibraltar, Isle of Man or New Zealand etc) when you do not reside in the same country at the time of transfer, could incur the HMRC OTC tax of  25% of the transfer value.

Engaging our professional transfer services can save you time and potentially thousands – even tens of thousands of dollars. We specialise in large transfer values, ensuring your transfer is completed in a compliant, tax efficient manner.

Our integrated global solution which depending on your situation may include:

  • UK advice (when required by HMRC) from FCA licensed UK advisers
  • UK Self Invested Pension Plan (SIPP) set up
  • Self-Managed Super Fund (SMSF) set up
  • all intra-UK and overseas transfers

If your enquiry relates to a UK State Pension i.e. the Old Age Pension from your national insurance contributions or if you have an unfunded Civil Service Pension e.g. NHS, Teachers, Police, Armed Forces etc.. then our e-book will not be relevant to you.  You need to contact your UK scheme directly as they are not eligible to transfer to Australia.

Free Ebook for UK Pension Transfer


For further information please download our FREE UK Pension Transfer E-book or contact Angela Eiselt on 02 8904 9793