Over 55 Transfer Option
Our Free UK Pensions E-book is not relevant to UK State Pension enquiries (i.e. the Old Age Pension from your National Insurance contributions) nor for unfunded Civil Service Pensions (i.e. NHS, Teachers, Police, Armed Forces etc..) as these pensions are not eligible for transfer to Australia. If you are enquiring about the UK State pension or NHS or Teachers pensions etc you will need to contact your UK pension scheme directly or contact the UK State Pensions Department on (+44) 191 218 7777.
We can facilitate an integrated global solution, incorporating UK Advice (where required) from FCA licensed advisers, known specialists and leaders within the UK transfer marketplace.
Getting expert QROPS advice could potentially save you thousands on your transfer.
If you’re over 55 years of age and would like to explore transferring your UK pension into a Self-Managed Super Fund (SMSF) we offer:
- An obligation free consultation with a QROPS specialist adviser
- A comprehensive, personalised UK Pension Report. This report presents an analysis of the benefits and/or disadvantages of transferring your UK pension
The advice fee for this report is $1,650 (including GST).
After receiving the advice, if you decide to proceed with a transfer, we’ll:
- Establish an Australian SMSF with a ROPS compliant (55Plus) Trust Deed
- Establish and register the company via ASIC (if required)
- Apply to HMRC for ROPS status
- Prepare all fund trustee/member application and minutes
- Complete fund registration with Australian Tax Office (ATO)
- Obtain the relevant Tax File Number (TFN) and Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Establish fund bank accounts
- Ensure compliance with ATO requirements for any tax on the transfer (if applicable)
The fee for establishing an Over 55 SMSF ranges from $770 to $1,320 (including GST). The fee varies according to the complexity of the SMSF’s structure. Any additional fees (for example, transfer fee or UK specialist Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) advice fee for defined benefit schemes) will be fully outlined in your personalised UK Pension Report and your adviser will discuss these with you directly.
Please note: If you have already requested a Cash Equivalent Transfer Value (CETV) from your UK Defined Benefit/Final Salary Scheme, a 90 day Guarantee Date (GD) will be triggered the day the transfer quotation is issued. It is important to choose a QROPS specialist adviser prior to triggering the GD if possible, thus reducing the risk of a reduction in value if a second CETV needs to be requested. The best option is to have your QROPS specialist adviser request the CETV once their Letter of Authority has been lodged with the UK scheme, this gives you the best chance of meeting the required 90 day deadline.
If your enquiry relates to a UK State Pension i.e. the Old Age Pension from your national insurance contributions or if you have an unfunded Civil Service Pension e.g. NHS, Teachers, Police, Armed Forces etc.. then our e-book will not be relevant. You need to contact your UK scheme directly as they are not eligible to transfer to Australia.