Free UK Pension Transfer E-book
Simply fill in your details to receive your free e-book instantly via email.
Please Note: For UK State Pensions (or Old Age Pensions), this E-book is NOT RELEVANT because UK State Pensions are not eligible for transfer from the UK to Australia – click here for State Pension Link.
QROPS transfers to New Zealand, Malta, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Isle of Man etc are not recommended for UK pension transfers unless the member resides in the country of transfer.
Sterling Planners do not consider QROPS transfers into 'non-country of residency' locations as recommended transfer options for the following reasons:
- HMRC issued a directive in March 2016 indicating that overseas transfers of UK pensions should be made to the country in which the member is resident. This suggests that future legislation may be on the horizon, potentially restricting UK pension transfers to country of residency. Any such legislation could potentially be retrospective in nature, as per previous precedents with HMRC.
- There is uncertainty as to how NZ QROPS transfers will be treated for tax purposes by the ATO.
- Our investigations into NZ QROPS transfers confirmed that certain restrictions placed upon UK monies transferred into the NZ QROPS fund were not in alignment with the majority of our clients intended access to those funds, so for this reason (combined with the recent HMRC directive for tranfers to be made to country of residency) Sterling Planners have decided not to set up a NZ QROPS transfer option.
Included in this UK Pensions E-book:
Transferring your UK pension into an Australian superannuation fund can bring increased flexibility, tax benefits and greater control over your asset. There are also potential pitfalls that you should consider. This e-book gives you a checklist of all the critical issues you need to examine and includes the Letter of Authority Form you will need to initiate the process of receiving professional advice from Sterling Planners on your particular situation.
This free comprehensive guide will assist you with the following questions:
- Do you have an eligible transfer?
- Do you understand the latest (6 April 2015) ROPS regulations?
- Are you aware of the UK Lifetime Allowance for your pensions?
- Are you within the 6 month tax free period and if not have you calculated any tax liability?
- What are the critical issues to consider? A complete checklist for your convenience.
- What are the benefits and pitfalls of transferring a UK Pension to Australia?
- What is the Sterling Planners Three Step UK Pension Transfer Service?